Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The rose

Sometimes I see myself on a wall... beneath me is the sea and in the far distance a setting sun… There are a few clouds in the sky, glowing red from the setting sun’s rays… I am wearing trowsers and a long sleeved top… black in colour and with floral designs on it… A light ocean breeze blows through my hair... In my hand… a beautiful red rose life… I am looking at the rose… I look towards the viewer with an expression of someone who is accepting his faith… my eyes fill with tears… Another wave of light breeze blows… I look towards the rose and a petal detaches from the rose and falls to the ground… A tear runs down my cheek and falls to the ground aswell… ‘’Life… such a beautiful gift… The Rose… The petals, one by one keep on falling from it… Life is twingling…I feel as if it is dying right in my hands… people cannot see the real beauty of life… the few, the very last brave few hide in their homes and there, protected from the outside world they laugh and embrace the true meaning of life… a simple board game and some sweet and sour snakes… and maybe a nice cup of warm tea… 
How am I supposed to show the rest of the world the true beauty of life when they are stuck in the superficial world? Alcohol, clothes, make up and the physical pleasure? The enemies of mankind… They provide happiness for a few moments but if you are not strong enough they will engulf you and slowly consume you, destroy your inner beauty… they will make you miserable and unhappy… and what do you seek when they find themselves in that situation? They seek more of the very thing which is destroying them… Hedonism… 
Beauty is in the simple things around us… waking up in the morning and making the sheets… catching the bus to university or work whilst watching life awake… simple smiles and gestures… simple words of appraisal… the breeze, the trees and birds… our pets, our families, our friends, our rooms and personal belongings… Why cannot they stop for a moment to appreciate the little things in life? Why are they so caught up in that net of void? Why? I want them to see, I want them too feel, the real beauty… the real beauty of the Rose… 

No comments:

Post a Comment